Join the Montana Watershed Coordination Council and Missouri Headwaters Partnership on a tour highlighting the watershed approach to natural resource management. In the Missouri headwaters, local organizations are actively navigating the changing landscape on which their communities rely.
The Missouri Headwaters Partnership is a coalition of local watershed organizations across the basin, including: Beaverhead Watershed Committee, Centennial Valley Association, Gallatin River Task Force, Greater Gallatin Watershed Council, Jefferson River Watershed Council, Madison Watershed Partnership, Ruby Valley Conservation District/Ruby Watershed Council, Big Hole Watershed Committee, and Lower Jefferson River Watershed Council,
What to expect:
- View successful projects that have improved watershed health,
- Learn about community driven natural resource plan and priorities,
- Observe initiatives that build landscape resiliency,
- Hear from the local watershed champions that are pushing for sustainable communities,
- Discuss the statewide implications of local challenges and opportunities for water management.
Who should attend?
- Interested community members
- Water policy decision makers
- Statewide and local natural resource professionals
- Supporters of community based conservation